Successful Qualitative Research: A Practical Guide For Beginners
*Winner of the 2014 Distinguished Publication Award (Dpa) from the Association for Women inPsychology (Awp)*
Successful Qualitative Research: A Practical Guide for Beginners is an accessible, practical textbook. It sidesteps detailed theoretical discussion in favour of providing a comprehensive overview of strategic tips and skills for starting and completing successful qualitative research. Uniquely, the authors provide a 'patterns framework' to qualitative data analysis in this book, also known as 'thematic analysis'. The authors walk you through a basic thematic approach, and compare and contrast this with other approaches. This discussion of commonalities, explaining why and when each method should be used, and in the context of looking at patterns, will provide you with complete confidence for your qualitative research journey. Key features of this textbook:
- Full of useful tips and strategies for successful qualitative work, for example considering the nervous student not just the beginner student.
- Skills-based, utilising a range of pedagogical features to encourage you to apply particular techniques and learn from your experience.
- The authors use the same dataset throughout - reproduced in full (with associated research materials) on the companion website - to help you make comparisons across different analytical approaches.
- A comprehensive suite of student support materials, including practice exam questions, can be found online at www.sagepub.com/braunandclarke.
Electronic Inspection Copy availa
'Like water wings for the qualitative research beginner, Successful Qualitative Research: A Practical Guide for Beginners gracefully supports methodological novices until they learn to swim elegantly, on their own, in qualitative waters… As a teacher, researcher or a student, you will want to thank the gifted methodologists Braun and Clarke for making it all seem so easy' Michelle FineThe City University of New York, NY, USA
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
- PDF | 400 pages
- Virginia Braun(Author) Victoria Clarke(Author Contributor)
- Sage Publications Ltd; 1 edition (28 Feb. 2013)
- Health, Family & Lifestyle
|The message text:|