Qualitative Research Practice
Written by a team of leading researchers associated with NatCen Social Research (the National Centre for Social Research) this textbook leads students and researchers through the entire process of qualitative research from beginning to end - moving through design, sampling, data collection, analysis and reporting. In this fully revised second edition you will find:
- A practical account of how to carry out qualitative research which recognises a range of current approaches and applications
- A brand new chapter on ethics
- A brand new chapter on observational research
- Updated advice on using software when analysing your qualitative data
- New case studies which illustrate issues you may encounter and how problems have been tackled by other researchers.
Available with Perusall—an eBook that makes it easier to prepare for class
Perusall is an award-winning eBook platform featuring social annotation tools that allow students and instructors to collaboratively mark up and discuss their SAGE textbook. Backed by research and supported by technological innovations developed at Harvard University, this process of learning through collaborative annotation keeps your students engaged and makes teaching easier and more effective. Learn more.
Full of useful and informative chapters that take the students through the key stages within qualitative research. (Professor Margaret Hogg 2013-12-04)I think this is an excellent book - whenever students ask for advice on DOING qualitative research (rather than writing essays on it), I reach for this. (Dr Ben Baumberg 2013-12-04)An excellent primer for anyone who is new to qualitative research, and also a very useful reference book for people with more experience. (Helen Kara SRA Research Matters)
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
- PDF | 456 pages
- Jane Ritchie(Author) Jane Lewis(Author) Carol McNaughton Nicholls(Author) Rachel Ormston(Author)&1more
- Sage Publications Ltd; 2 edition (30 Nov. 2013)
- Health, Family & Lifestyle
|The message text:|