Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association
The Sixth Edition offers new and expanded instruction on publication ethics, statistics, journal article reporting standards, electronic reference formats, and the construction of tables and figures.
The Sixth Edition has been revised and updated to include
- new ethics guidance on such topics as determining authorship and terms of collaboration, duplicate publication, plagiarism and self-plagiarism, disguising of participants, validity of instrumentation, and making data available to others for verification;
- new journal article reporting standards to help readers report empirical research with clarity and precision;
- simplified APA heading style to make it more conducive to electronic publication;
- updated guidelines for reducing bias in language to reflect current practices and preferences, including a new section on presenting historical language that is inappropriate by present standards;
- new guidelines for reporting inferential statistics and a significantly revised table of statistical abbreviations
- new instruction on using supplemental files containing lengthy data sets and other media;
- significantly expanded content on the electronic presentation of data to help readers understand the purpose of each kind of display and choose the best match for communicating the results of the investigation, with new examples for a variety of data displays, including electrophysiological and biological data;
- consolidated information on all aspects of reference citations, with an expanded discussion of electronic sources emphasising the role of the digital object identifier (DOI) as a reliable way to locate information; and
- expanded discussion of the publication process, including the function and process of peer review; a discussion of ethical, legal, and policy requirements in publication; and guidelines on working with the publisher while the article is in press.
Key to this edition of the Publication Manual is an updated and expanded Web presence. Visit the APA Style web site to
- Look up additional supplemental material keyed to the book
- Test your knowledge of APA Style with a free tutorial on style basics
- Learn about the changes in the sixth edition with a free tutorial reviewing key revisions
- Sign up for an on-line course to enrich and enhance your understanding of APA Style
- Read the APA Style blog and share your comments on writing and referencing
- Consult frequently asked questions to sharpen your understanding of APA Style
- Examine additional resources on such topics as ethics, statistics, and writing
- Familiarise yourself with submission standards for APA books and journals
What's New in the Sixth Edition?
Book has been updated to acknowledge and incorporate advances in computer technology.
- New discussions of the creation, submission, and storage of supplemental data.
- New guidelines for referencing electronic sources.
- New and expanded reference examples for a variety of on-line sources.
- Redesigned APA Style website, expanded to provide tutorials, on-line courses, and other resources for learning APA style.
Book has been reorganised and streamlined for ease of use
- Organised to describe the writing process from idea to publication, it begins with background information on ethical issues in publishing, then moves on to manuscript structure and content, then writing style and rules, then graphics and references, then guidance on working with the publisher.
- Sample paper section has been moved up and featured to better exemplify manuscript structure and content
- Like discussions have been moved to one place in the book, with discussions of function followed by instruction on form.
Focus has been broadened to include readers in the behavioural and social sciences.
- Information specific to APA has been moved to the web, where it is more broadly accessible and can be updated frequently.
- New examples throughout the book have been drawn from publications in education, business, and nursing as well as psychology.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text:|
Rainfed Altepetl: Modeling Institutional and Subsistence Agriculture in Ancient Tepeaca, Mexico (Archaeopress Pre-Columbian Archaeology)